Your Fictitious Business Name or Doing Business As
A DBA filing allows your business to conduct business and receive payment under a name different than your legal name.
By Filing A DBA or Doing Business As With Britton Creative Small Business Solutions, You Can:
- Accept payments under an alternate business name
- Open up a bank account in the name of the business
- Conduct business with an alternate name
What is a DBA? DBA stands for “doing business as” and is an official registration of your business name. In some states, this is referred to as a “fictitious business name” or “assumed” name.
Our business filing experts can help you save time by filing a DBA (Doing Business As) application for you. We file your DBA (Doing Business As) with the required government agencies and even publish it in most states. You’ll receive the approval and publication certificate for your records.
- Open a bank account and collect checks and payments under your business name
- Start advertising on business cards, signs and your website
- Present your business professionally by collecting checks and payments under your business name
- Discourage others from registering your name by officially using your DBA (Doing Business As)
DBA registration is necessary if your company conducts any business and/or collects money under a name other than your own name.
Also, banks generally require a DBA (Doing Business As) registration in order to open a business bank account.
DBAs are not just for sole proprietors. If you are a corporation or LLC and want to do business under a name different than your corporate name, you may be required to file for a DBA (Doing Business As)(fictitious business name).